If you’re looking for the perfect portable breakfast, then look no further because I have a simple solution…EGG MUFFINS!
Kale and Tomato Egg Muffins Recipe
- olive oil
- 1/2 onion – diced
- 50 g kale – equivalent to 1.5 cups – roughly chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes – halved
- 5 egg
- 3 Tablespoon milk – almond, soy, coconut, or cow
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180ºC.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over medium heat, add onions and saute until brown.
- Add the kale to the pan and stir it through so it wilts, just cook for 1 minute.
- Mix the onion and kale in with the beaten egg mixture.
- Lightly grease 4 muffin cups with olive oil.
- Spoon or carefully pour the mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Place 3-4 halved tomatoes on top of each one.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brown on top and puffy.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating, or eat them cold if preferred
- Use any other veggies you have on hand to make variations – for example kale and mushroom.
- Add some grated cheese on top before putting them into the oven for a more cheesy flavor and finish.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days – this makes them a perfect meal to cook in batches. And of course you can also eat them for lunch or snacks too.