OMG this is a favourite in my house and pretty simple to make too. Make a big batch and keep it in the fridge for a few days.
The recipe below is a salad, chicken pesto recipe. I guess you could call it a low carb version. If you want some extra carbs or for a bit of a different version, cook up some gluten free pasta and mix some of that in with a bit of extra pesto.
Either way it tastes great.
And one other thing, you can eat it warm or cold 🙂
Salad: Chicken Pesto Recipe
- ¼ cauliflower – roughly chopped
- 1 small broccoli – roughly chopped
- 1 carrot – halved and chopped
- 1 zucchini – halved and chopped
- 1 chicken breast – diced
- Dash of tamari
- Oil for cooking
- ¼-1/2 cup pesto – (see link to recipe below)
- Alternatively use strips of chicken off a BBQ chicken and add a handful of green beans as well.
- Put all the vegetables in the steamer for 5-10 minutes until cooked through but still a little crisp
- In a wok heat some oil, add your chicken and saute for a few minutes. Half way through cooking coat the chicken in a little tamari
- Allow everything to cool before adding your pesto. Try ¼-1/2 cup depending how strong you like the flavour
I like to make my own basil pesto because it’s really easy to do. Check out this recipe here.
You can really add whatever steamed vegetable blend you like to this mixture and it will taste great. If you love dairy, add some grated cheese or a little parmesan cheese on top to serve. It tastes great without it, but experiment to come up with a slightly different version each time.