Seriously, this is one of my most favourite things to make for lunch or dinner. It’s simple, and pan fried chicken breast is quick to make. So I’ve got a super simple recipe to share, oh that’s right I already said it was simple, and it really is!
Simple Pan Fried Chicken Breast
- A large pan or skillet for cooking the chicken
- A knife for slicing the chicken and checking its doneness
- 700g (24oz) chicken breast – sliced across the grain into thiner slices. Look at the picture above, you’ll get the idea.
- ½ lemon
- Heat a large pan or skillet
- Add a good lump of butter and allow to melt
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until one side is golden brown
- Squeeze the lemon over the top of the chicken then flip it over
- Continue to cook until it is cooked through
- To check it just use a knife and cut into it to make sure it’s done. Don’t overcook it, you want it nice and tender.
- Serve with salad, in a lunch box or with vegetables
- When slicing the chicken breast, be sure to cut it across the grain to ensure tenderness.
- Adjust the amount of butter and lemon to suit your taste preferences.
- It’s important not to overcook the chicken to keep it tender and juicy. Use a knife to check for doneness.
- You can customize this dish by serving it with your choice of sides, such as salad or vegetables.
- Feel free to season the chicken with your favorite herbs and spices for added flavor.
I hope you will give this one a try because it makes a simple healthy meal. And you can cook it this way and take it for lunch too. Cut it up and put it in a salad or lunch box, have it on a wrap, or even just eat it as a snack 🙂