I’m a bit late to the party when it comes to chia seeds. I can be a bit like that with many ‘superfoods’ or unusual foods. Not because I don’t like them but just because I try to stick to ‘normal’ foods because I find that easier for my clients and you to follow.
But I’ve been thoroughly enjoying this strawberry chia coconut pudding lately. It makes the perfect, guilt free dessert. So give it a try and let me know how you go.
Strawberry Chia Coconut Pudding Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Spoon or whisk for mixing
- 2 glasses or serving containers
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds
- 10-15 drops liquid stevia extract
- 1 cup coconut cream – or coconut milk
- 10 strawberries
- 6 cherries
- Mix the coconut cream and stevia in a bowl to combine – if the coconut cream is firm, you may have to heat slightly to make it a liquid.
- Add the chia seeds to the bowl, cover, and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or even better, leave it overnight ready for breakfast!
- Serve in 2 glasses topped with some freshly chopped berries on top.
- You can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less liquid stevia extract according to your taste.
- Make sure to mix the coconut cream and stevia thoroughly to achieve a smooth consistency.
- If the coconut cream is firm, you may need to heat it slightly to make it a liquid.
- For the best results, let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and create a pudding-like texture.
- Customize the recipe by using your favorite berries or fruit toppings.
- This recipe is suitable for those following dairy-free and gluten-free diets.